Start a new topic

module 7 question - does not contain a definition for 'GetIndex'

Hi,

I am in Module 7 of the 'Sitecore XP 8 Website Development for .NET Developers eLearning Course' and i have come upon an issue that i need help with.  I am at the point where i am attempting to execute a search.  I have typed the first line... 'var index = ContentSearchManager.GetIndex("sitecore_master_index");' and i am getting a red underline underneath the 'GetIndex'. my error (CS1061) is telling me that 'object' does not contain a definition for 'GetIndex' and no extension method 'GetIndex' accepting a first argument of...

I can not figure out how to fix this error.  Would you be willing to offer some help? thank you very much.

1 Comment

It may be that intellisense in Visual Studio is not working. A quick fix if you are using an "out-of-webroot" project is to copy Sitecore.Kernel.dll from the webroot's bin folder to the out-of-webroot's bin folder, remove the out-of-webroot's Reference if there is one, and add (back in) the Reference using the newly copied Sitecore.Kernel.dll, making sure to set the Reference's Copy Local property to false.

Login to post a comment